Sudarsan Pattnaik Biography
Sudarsan Pattnaik Biography: In the present time, if there is talk of sand art, then the name of Sudarsan Pattnaik is taken first. Sudarsan Pattnaik is a well-known Sand Artist of his country. People from all over the world come to see the art made by him. The art made by him on many special occasions has set a record all over the world.
Sudarsan Pattnaik was born on 15 April 1977 in Puri district of Odisha. In childhood, when Sudarshan’s friends used to paint using pen and pencil, Sudarshan used to try to present sorrow through art on the sand on the seashore of Puri. His childhood was quite a struggle. There was no ration in the house to eat. Sudarshan’s grandmother brought him up in very difficult circumstances.
|Sudarsan Pattnaik Biography|
The art of Sudarsan Pattnaik was appreciated more abroad than in the country. For the first time in the year 1995, he got an invitation from America to participate in the sand painting competition but could not go there due to lack of visa. The opportunity was lost but Sudarshan was not going to give up. They slowly engaged in their work and gradually they started getting invitations from other countries.Sudarshan could not study much due to financial constraints. He dropped out of school in the sixth grade. The condition of the house was so bad that at the age of eight, Sudarshan had to work on others’ homes. Although during this time his dream was with him. He wanted to become a big painter but due to poverty he was not able to buy the materials used in the painting. This was the reason that he used to refine his painting skills by reaching the beach of Puri.
Sudarsan Pattnaik has received many awards so far. He has also been awarded Padma Shri in the year 2014. Sudarshan’s Sand Art has registered his name in Limca Book of World Records many times. Sudarshan is also doing social work of spreading awareness in the society through sand art many times. He used his art to promote peace in the world.
Sudarsan Pattnaik received the award
- Padma Shri by the Government of India in the year 2014.
- Doctorate degree from Berhampur University, Odisha in the year 2012.
- Godavari Award from Kusumagraj University, Nashik in the year 2012.
- Honored by former President Pratibha Patil at Puri Beach in Odisha.
- Young Indian Leadership Award by CNN in the year 2010.
- People of the Year 2009 on the occasion of 20th edition of Limca Book.
- Sarala Award by Odisha State Government in the year 2008.
- Name in Limca Book 5 times.
- National Tourism Award by India Tourism Department in the year 2005-06.
- Excellency Award 2006 from Sri Lanka Human Rights Society in the year 2006.
- National Youth Award at Patna from the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India in the year 2004-05.
- Bharat Jyoti Puraskar at Kolkata in the year 2001.
- Award of Excellence by State Bank of India at Bhubaneswar Circle.
- People’s Choice Award at the 2014 Sand Sculpting World Cup in Atlantic City.
Special work done by Sudarshan Patnaik
- Artist training at Sudarsan Sand Art Institute in Puri, Odisha.
- He has also published a book related to Sand Art.
- Organizes workshops for Sand Art in fairs held in the country and abroad.
- Have made world records in the year 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 at Puri Beach.
- Sand Animation Show at the 2010 Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony.
- Government servant in the Department of Culture by Odisha Lalit Kala Akademi.
- Brand Ambassador of National Aluminum Company Limited.
- Brand Ambassador of Odisha’s International Sand Art Festival.